First Date Logistics: From the Dating Service to a Real-Life Date
It’s always nice to get a response to your emails and convince a woman that you emailed to chat with you via IM or SMS. However, just because you get her digits or IM moniker, that doesn’t mean you’re going to get a date. Once you begin chatting, you need to work your fanny off to impress her on an online dating service site. And once you know she’s enjoying the conversation, you must smoothly ask her for a date. All of this is very important or you’ll end up with nothing but online conversations – and not offline dates. This article will show you how to go from online/SMS chat to offline date with ease…
Conversation Tips to Get Her Interested
- Keep the conversation upbeat – no negative comments. Women aren’t attracted to men that have an “I hate the world” mentality.
- Talk about topics she’s interested in. Make sure you’ve thoroughly read her profile first.
- Don’t play “20 Questions”. It’s okay to ask a question once in a while, but it gets annoying if it’s repetitive. Make comments related to the comments she makes, instead of just asking questions.
- Use smiley faces and exclamation marks to display happy emotions. Just don’t use a smiley face for each message.
- Make witty comments that get her to laugh. Don’t try to be too funny or you’ll come off as annoying. Every comment you make doesn’t have to be a joke. And make sure you don’t say anything that could offend her.
When and How to Ask Her For a Date
Chatting with a woman online can be entertaining. You may even start to have feelings for her before even meeting. That’s not uncommon. But there is a big mistake most guys make when chatting with a woman, even when she seems very interested. Often times, a guy gets so into the conversation that he forgets to ask her out on a date. This is a problem because when it comes to chatting with women online, it’s a “snooze, you lose” game.
Let’s say you’re IM’ing a cutie that seems to really enjoy your chat. You’ve been chatting for 2 hours, then you tell her goodnight and that you can’t wait to talk to her again. This is a HORRIBLE idea. She may have enjoyed talking to you that night, but she may have also enjoyed talking to another guy at the same time. Or she might forget about you. Women lose interest in a man easily, so it’s important to strike while the iron is hot. Don’t just ask her for a date at the end of the FIRST conversation…make sure you have a set time, date, and location of the date. Do NOT forget this step!
How do you ask for the date? It’s all about being smooth and having good timing. It’s not a good idea to ask her for a date 5 minutes after you’ve introduced yourself. Wait until you are confident that she’s clearly enjoying the conversation. I don’t like putting a specific length of time after the conversation starts on when you should ask her out because every conversation is different. Sometimes it takes a woman a little bit longer to open up to you. The way to ask her for a date is to simply say, “(name), I really enjoy talking to you and would love to continue this chat in person. What do you say we go out for dinner at (restaurant) on Friday night? Meet me at 7:00?”. That’s it! That’s all there is to it. Simple, effective and she’s forced to give you a definitive answer.