Your Dating Service Profile Pictures: Why They’re 90% of Her Decision to Date You
Women that claim physical attraction to a man doesn’t matter are LYING. You will NEVER get anywhere with a woman online if your online dating profile picture doesn’t draw you to her. Very few women will click on your profile if they aren’t attracted to the picture. Sure, your content is important too, but it will never get read if your picture lures them away before they even get to read what you have to say.
Being an average looking guy, when I learned that 90% of a woman’s decision to meet a guy offline has to do with his pictures, I almost considered giving up online dating. How would an average looking guy such as myself impress women with my looks? Reality was beginning to settle in. I just wasn’t good enough for women because I’m not blessed with GQ looks.
But I decided to give it a shot. What did I have to lose? I wasn’t meeting women offline either. The worst case scenario was that women online would reject me just like they do offline. So I did everything I could to make my dating service profile picture look presentable. I removed every photo I had on my profiles. Clearly, none of them were attracting women. Instantly after getting rid of the junk photos and taking more appealing pictures, women were contacting me left and right.
It was very strange. Women had never given me much attention online or offline. And now, all of a sudden, I was a hot commodity. I knew it was the pictures. I changed nothing else. Women now look at my pictures aren’t turned off. I don’t think they look at me and go, “damn, that’s one hot ass guy”, but I’m fairly certain I’m presentable enough now for my personality to matter. That’s the thing, your awesome personality means jack squat if you’re a slob, have horrible hygiene, and dress like a bum.
Personality only matters if you’re easy on the eyes. But that’s really all you need to be. You don’t have to be Mr. GQ or a Perfect 10. You just need to be presentable and most women will at least give you a chance. So that begs the question – how do you become presentable in your pictures? I’m going to teach you the same dating service profile picture tips I discovered that have transformed me into an attractive guy online, despite being average (at best) looking.
Bad Pictures That Lead to NO Dates
Before getting into the dating profile picture tips that make women attracted to you, I’m going to share with you the type of pictures you MUST avoid. Never – and I mean NEVER – upload one of these photos…
- Focuses on your bad side. Almost everyone has a certain physical flaw. Don’t focus on them. Focus on your positive physical traits.
- Is taken with your buddies or another girl. You’re dating for yourself, not with your friends. She wants to know who you are and it’s a major turnoff if you’re including your friends in your pics.
- Wearing a hat. Don’t wear a ball cap. It makes you look like a slob. If you’re a Country Boy/Cowboy, wearing a Cowboy hat is a good idea. Otherwise, no hats.
- Poor outfit or an outfit that doesn’t match your personality. Dress to impress in ALL of your pictures. Women love a man with a sense of style. One way to turn her off immediately is to dress like a slob.
- With your clothes off. After she gets to know you and if she’s digging you, she’ll be excited to see you naked. However, a way to instantly turn her off is by posting sexually revealing photos. Women are unimpressed with men that do this. It shows them you’re a pervert and arrogant.
Pictures to Upload that Make Women Instantly Attracted to You
Alright, enough beating around the bush. Let’s get to the good stuff! There are thousands of different types of pictures you can upload, so I’m going to give you a general idea and you can decide what works best for you. On the 5 dating sites we recommend (see our Positive Reviews section), you are free to upload many different pictures. And you should upload as many as possible. 3-4 pictures, at minimum, and preferably 5+. Women want to see your entire package (no, not THAT package). These are examples of a good dating service profile picture…
- Nice outfit that matches your personality. You are who you are and should not try to be someone you are not. Just wearing a nice outfit isn’t enough. That outfit must also match your personality and skin tone.
- Taken close-up but not too close up. Pictures taken from a distance are hard to see. Take one close-up, but not so close to your face that she can see inside your mouth!
- Taken while doing a fun activity. Showing off your personality in your profile pics is a good thing. Take pictures on the Vegas Strip, in front of the Bellagio (or another fancy hotel). Or stand on top of a mountain and take a pic. This shows you’re a fun guy that likes to have a good time.
- With good lighting. If the picture is too dark, it’ll be hard to see you. If you take it at night, make sure to use a ‘”flash”.
- Smiling and looking straight into the camera. Try to exude confidence and a friendly personality in your pictures. Confidence is sexy. If you’re looking away and not smiling, it shows women that you lack confidence and are insecure. Smile, look directly into the camera, and sit/stand straight up.
Final Tips on Perfecting Your Online Dating Profile Picture
Sending a woman a great email is all fine and dandy. But it won’t do you any good if she then views your profile an laughs (in a bad way) at your pictures. The very first thing she will do after reading your email is check out your pics. If she likes them AND likes the content of your email, she’ll almost always respond. If she doesn’t like both, you’re never going to hear from her.
The main profile picture is the most important, so this one should be your absolute best photo. It’s the picture that is used to “hook” her. She won’t open up your profile and read your interests if she is unimpressed with your main profile picture. I don’t care what you do to perfect this picture, just make it a GREAT one. If that means paying to have your picture taken professionally, do it. If that means doing 20 “takes” to make it perfect, do it. Your ability to attract and meet women is counting on it.